So how much do the services of cosmetic dentistry cost?
There is no definite answer to this, of course, but a specific overview and approximation can be made that can ease your curiosity. There is an article, already, that talks about the cost of dentures, but cosmetic dentistry includes not only dentures but also tooth whitening and many other services as well, so it is worth expanding on the topic further.
The thing about the cosmetic dentistry is that the cost varies as it depends on a lot of factors – for example, it depends on the value of the materials and products used (for example, the cost of buying the Invisalign aligners from the manufacturers), the location of the dentist, and many others.
Here is a list of cosmetic dentistry prices – it can give you an estimation of the average cost of cosmetic dentistry. Those are just estimations, but the numbers should be pretty accurate.
- Dental veneers can cost from around 900$ to 2200$ (and from £300 to £2,000 in the UK). You can probably find cheaper veneers, but be ready to put at least 900$ on the table.
- Teeth whitening can cost you from 400$ to more than 1000$ (£300 to £1,000 for the UK). Teeth whitening also sometimes requires to be done several times if you want to have “whiter” teeth.
- Dental crowns – approximately from 450$ to 2500$ (£300 – £2,000 per tooth in the UK). Again, it depends on the material of the crown, but at least you get an estimate.
- Invisalign invisible braces – $3500 to $8000 (£3000.00 – £6,000 for the UK) for a complete case. The Express kits cost from $1400 to $4000.
- Gum Contouring – it is hard to say because you can pay as much as $3000 for this – depends on how many teeth you want to fix, for example. In the UK the prices go from £120, and in the US you probably can expect them to be from $50 to $350 per tooth.
- Dental bridges £250 – £800 per unit in the UK and from $500 to $900 in the US.
- Dental Implants. There is an article about how to get free dental implants – you can find a table there that tells you the cost of the dental implants. In the UK, dental implants are £1200 – £2,500 per tooth. For the US they are $1700 to $3700 per tooth. We bet the prices can go much higher here.
- And so on.
Now we would like to direct your attention to some other things on the topic of cosmetic dentistry costs — some controversy.
Low-Cost Cosmetic Dentistry Services
As you can see, cosmetic dentistry services are not very cheap. The cost of veneers alone can make your wallet (or bank account) empty in an instant, not speaking about the high costs of dental implants. Cheaper services do exist, but with lower prices come lower quality and efficiency, as well. Well, this is probably where the law of economics comes into play – the higher the demand, the higher the prices, applicable to the dentistry field, as well.
Demand is not the only factor that contributes to the high costs of cosmetic dentistry. We should also take into consideration that dentists make huge investments of both their time and money when they decide to continue their studies to obtain the specialization in the field of cosmetic dentistry. Most students in the USA come out of undergraduate studies with huge debts, and you can imagine the financial situation of those general dentists who decide to pursue further education. Speculation and rumor are, some start overcharging for their services once they get the required knowledge in the field of cosmetic dentistry.
There are ways to get low-cost cosmetic dentistry services legitimately, of course. For example, you can try dental tourism (try Mexico, Singapore, or Hungary) or dental schools, like the University of Southern California. You can combine both of these options – you can go to another country, where the fees for the cosmetic dentistry are cheaper, and get treated in the local dentistry schools, which further reduces the cost of dental services, be it the cost of dentures, dental implants or whatnot.
However, if you do decide to do that, you need to pick places that have a good reputation for having the right level of quality for dental services. For example, Hungary is very renowned in that regard – the local dental schools, as some dentists in the USA, say, make one of the best dentists all over the world. But how much does cosmetic dentistry cost in those countries and dental schools? Unfortunately, that is not the topic of our article, but we will say is that it is expected for the average cost of cosmetic dentistry there to be lower.
The reason why you don’t want to hop onto the first cheap cosmetic dentistry offer without inspecting the reputation of the service provider is not only because the quality is likely to be low, but also because you will not be able to defend your customer rights if something goes wrong. It is possible to complain to the law if a dentist destroys your teeth or fails to provide tooth pain relief, but it is not possible to complain if a dentist fails to deliver an appropriate level of “cosmetic” beauty, as this quality is a bit too vague to estimate.